Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Shout out to Picnik.com



I am one of those people who cannot afford really cool shots of my kids by a pro. I would LOVE to have someone take our picture and mount a photographers artwork all over the walls of my home. Some day I will be able to do this, but for now I get to play photographer. On occasions I get some really great shots of my kids. Like the following one of my daughter.

It is really cute, but the coloring is all wrong.
Look what I did in about 3 minutes.

My secret:
Messing with the exposure button on PICNIK
If you have not been to this site you should.

Two reasons:
1. It's FREE
2. You can make your
pictures look this cool!

You can also do this!

2 comments:

Erin Gibbons said...

I like Elizabeth's facial expression when James had her in a headlock. Did you also know that students can get the photoshop software for like $70 instead of the $1800 or whatever it costs for regular people. I might not do anymore than picnik, (there's one online called....paint.net I know a lot of people use too,) but its one of those "buy it just before he graduates and isn't a student anymore" purchases. In fact, it might be the only one :)By the way, I signed up for pinterest today because my sister-in-law invited me and all of a sudden 76 people are following me, I'm following like everyone in my facebook friends list, and I have absolutely NO idea what it's all about. (Except pinning pictures?) Anyway, I'll be asking someone around here to explain it to me and to tell me how to kick people I don't know from following me or me following them. The world we live in...I swear facebook is Big Brother.

Kathleen said...

Way cool that you can brighten and liven up photos for free. Such cuties you have, Wendy!