Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Mondays are now fun days with dad

James and Adam at Bridal Veil Falls


The three of us just playing at the Falls.


Mommy and James at the temple


Daddy and James looking spiffy


Candid shot of baby James


He looks like a little old man or a business man on his lunch break


Hi!
Adam and I have been able to have more time together. On Monday, Adam had a day off. We decided to go to the temple to get some names done for a friend who is on a mission. Our friend gets to go to the temple every six weeks so we started to do some of his family history work. Adam and I took turns going into the temple to do a little work. The other waited outside with James and played reverently on the temple grounds. It was a great start to a long fun day. Afterwards we decided we wanted to go on a picnic. We drove to the canyon and decided to go to Squaw peak. Neither one of us had ever been there so we went. We got lost and were pretty cranky because we were hungry. Finally we got there and got bothered by bees and wasps that we left soon after. I didn't even get to kiss Adam up there. It's like a make out point. All well. So we ate our lunch in the car and drove down to Bridal Veil Falls. There was this sign saying they were going to raise money to re-erect the trolley that goes up the side of the mountain. I think that is a cool idea. We played there a little and watched these kids throw each other into this rocky ice cold pond thing at the end of the fall. They played until one of them got hurt. It was amusing to watch. Afterwards we went to this beautiful park to play wiffel ball. The park had this cool swing that went in circles like at the fair. If you get the swings going fast enough the swings take flight. We couldn't get them to go that fast. James loved going high on the swing. Adam and I swung until we got sick. We decided to play wiffel ball until Adam whacked the ball into my knee. We were done. I got sun burned on my forehead and a tan on my arms. It was such a fun day. We ended it eating a pizza and watching a movie at our house. It was so nice to be with the ones I love. It's like we had a Saturday together again, but on Monday. It's so nice to be able to be home for my family. I can't wait to get a job again so I can help pay my school debt. It will be good to get working to save as well so when Adam goes to grad school we will be able to live off a small income and our savings. I know without a doubt Heavenly Father will bless us as long as we stay worthy. He has blessed us more this last year than I can remember. We have been through a lot and I know it's only because of Heavenly Father that we are still alive and in the state we are in. I can never re-pay him for all that he has done.

2 comments:

Suzanne C said...

LOVE the haircut! You look so beautiful! I'm glad you are enjoying your family. You are so cute together. Of course your family would be a whole lot cuter if we were up there with ya! Enjoy each day! Love you!

Deb in GA said...

I love your haircut, too! You are gorgeous, as always. :) The pictures are wonderful! The mountain is beautiful BUT of course, James is absolutely adorable and steals the show...love you all!