Monday, August 5, 2013

First Sunday and such

Ever feel like mehhh?

It is if your face (no matter how cute it is) is stuck like this all day?
Your eyes are doing that fluttery weird picture thing?

Well I have been feeling a little like this the last few days.  I am happy here, but so lonely.
I cannot talk to anyone.  I was beginning to have a pity party.

Saturday: It rained.  I was willing to stay home and do nothing, but sleep or let the kids watch TV all day. Something inside me said, Don't let the rain ruin their day (referring to my kids).
I suited us up.  We were about to go on a mini adventure in the woods behind our house.


Little pink riding hood.



Splashing in puddles.  Can't be a kid unless you do this.


Showing her the proper way to make the biggest splash


Eating the cookie Rimante and Rita gave her when we got here.
It is a ginger bread cookie.  The kids loved them.  Who can resist a cookie?


These are a few things we found.


These snails were huge.  The biggest I had ever seen.  Later we made up a story about Giant Snail who lived in the forest of Pink and Purple Princess' and Prince Frogolots castle.  Bedtime stories are fun to tell.

When I saw these snails it made me think of during the war why people ate snails.  These guys were everywhere.  I mean everywhere.  We had to be careful not to squish them.  My kids liked this one because it had a baby snail with it.

Walking on one of the many trails.


Picture of my awesome boots I talked about earlier.



My pink coat.  I will be the bazam of the winter.


Checking out the snails.  They did this every two seconds.  Elizabeth had to touch each one.  She wanted to help them crossed the road and relocate each one.  Nora followed her every move.


The forest from a snails view, plus some.


Walking on the sidewalk. I just loved her little smile.
They were so happy to be out and seeing nature.  This made my sour mood become bright.  I will say that it did not completely change my mood, but made it better.


Than Sunday came.  James got up and dressed himself.  He was ready for church at 8:30.  Church does not start until 2.  We just hung around Sunday morning.  We left for church around 12:45.  I was not sure how long it would take us to get to the bus, and how long it would take us to walk from the stop to the bus.  The bus ended up coming at 1:15.  We had a bit of a wait.  The kids were a little restless.  Do not blame them.




Once on the bus things were smooth sailing until I started to second guess if I was on the right bus, but I was. Phew! We go to our stop.  We have a choice to buy another ticket for a less than two minute ride or walk the mile or so to the church.  I chose to walk.  I wanted to save our money.  It was hot.  I did not bring our water bottles.  The church did not have a water fountain once we got there, but they did have cups and filtered water, which was so good!  When we arrived at the church, Denis, greeted us.  

One of the girls that I served in her area, when I was on my mission, served in Lithuania.  She got in contact with a member via FB.  I was able to make contact with him.  He is in the Russian Branch, but waited to be able to greet us.  When I saw the church I wanted to cry.  Cry for joy.  Something that was familiar to me.
I kept holding the tears back, but I knew I was at home and safe at church.  Even if the language was not the same the Spirit was.  The Elders translated for me, another American family, and an African man (this is going to sound weird, but I was excited to see a black person. There are tons in GA, but at this point he was the first one I had seen. I saw my second one today in central town).

My children for the most part did well.  I only had to leave the sacrament room once.  This is a huge success.  Most of the time I am in and out or just out. They did not have a sunbeam or nursery leader.  My kids doubled the nursery/sunbeam class.  The mother's of these children just stay and in the room while their children play and than decide if they will go to the last class, Relief Society, with their children.

I did not feel to bad for this, at least this time, because there was a million toys.  My kids have a very few because of the amount of weight we could have.  They were in kid heaven.  Nora stayed in there while I went to Relief Society to introduce myself to everyone.  There are two girls who are teaching English for the summer.  They are American.  Almost everyone knows a little English.  They were so sweet.

One our way home we missed the bus.  After a certain time it only comes every two hours.  So we took another one that would not get us to our house, but close where we could catch another bus.  This bus had the sister missionaries.  It was nice to speak in English.  There were these guys were using sigh language back and forth.  One used his phone to type questions to the sisters.  One asked if they were JWs.  They said no and showed them the Book of Mormon.  They wanted to see it.  One of the guys got so involved in looking at it that the sisters could not get his attention to get it back before they left off the bus.  So the book became his.  He was really into it.  Maybe he will read the whole thing?

We had to than walk a ways to get on the next bus.  We found it and I was happy.  We got home at 7:30.  Ate dinner and went to bed without baths.  We were so tired.

Today, I was planning on doing little school with my kids and going on a walk in the woods.  We did like 10 minutes of school and they were done.  I guess I better put more thought into it.  We played at the park and went to look in a few of the goodwill type stores.  There are like a million of those here.  I really had no plans to do anything and than around 2 the kids asked if we could go to the park that was downtown.  I did not want to go downtown with the kids alone, but the adventuress side of me said yes before grumpy me could say no.  Off we went.  We had a great time.

We walked around and never found the park, but we did find some cool buildings.  The kids were a little disappointed.  I just means we will have to go back and look for it again.  

We did find a part of the city that is its own Republic. This was pretty neat to see. I want to take Adam here because he told me about it. I just found it by accident.

*This was an old post I never finished, but I will post it anyways.



No comments: