Thursday, January 8, 2009

When I saw this I thought of all of you

I found this awesome poem in a Sandra Boynton book called Rhinoceros Tap. I recommend anything written by her. We love her books and illustrations. We were reading this book at bedtime when I came across a poem that is from me to all of you that I love. There are a few people out there who will get extreme joy from what I am about to write or what is written by Ms. Boynton.

I love you more than cheese

"I love you more than cheese,
my dear.
A Liederkranz won't do.
Mere Roquefort wouldn't please,
my pet,
if I could be with you.

I love you more than cheese,
my dear.
I have no need for food-
no Goudas, Muensters, Bries,
my love,
I'm just not in the mood.

I'd give up Provolone
if you would have it so.
If you'd give me a
kiss, please,
then Swiss Cheese
I'd forego.

Of Philadelphia Cream
I need no longer dream,
for I love you more
than cheese."


I really do love you more than cheese and don't you forget it.

2 comments:

Suzanne C said...

ditto! And I love you 2! Oh, and so does ATC...and he says: "Cheeeeese!"

Kathleen said...

Man, does that poem make me HUNGRY!! But it also speaks volumes about love. Thanks for sharing :)