Monday, August 17, 2009

No time for rest

This pregnancy is so much harder on my body than the last one was. I am so tired all the time. All I want to do is sleep. I feel so bad because I have this little boy who wants to play and is so cute. I want to teach him things and take him places like my dad did with me. In reality all I want to do is close my eyes. I don't sleep to well at night which is making things worse. I was going to talk about this with my doctor today, but when I got to my appointment he was not in the office. My doctors office is like 20-30 minutes away from my house depending on traffic. I was a little upset no one let me know. They asked if I could come back this afternoon, but I am not driving out there twice in one day. I rescheduled for next week. I guess one more week of not sleeping won't kill me, right? Any suggestions on how to not feel inadequate when I am so large and sleepy?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Are u taking pictures so we can see the evidence of said pregnancy documented? I bet it helps that James can hang with the extened family so you can sleep. Can't wait to see y'all in a couple of months.

love,
tia deb

Thad and Julie said...

I felt EXACTLY the same way when I was pregnant with Haley! I was so tired all the time.

My advice: Sleep now, whenever you can!! Don't worry about James. He is still young enough, he won't remember Mommy sleeping all the time. Besides, it will be more fun to him to have a couple of fun outings or activities with a happy, well rested mommy than to have a whole string of events with a half-dead zombie mom.

If your family can (and is willing) to take him for a couple hours while you sleep, let them. If they're not available, nap whenever he naps. Trust me...It is even harder to nap after the baby arrives, so take advantage of any time NOW. You're no good to your family as an insane drone.

Wish I was closer so I could help. Hang in there! It'll be over before you know it and she'll be worth every sleepless night! ;p

Erin Gibbons said...

I think it's important to remember that your children have a lot of years ahead of them, (and that means you do too!) in which you can do everything you want with them and teach them everything you want to teach them. Sometimes I think of all the things I always wanted to do with my kids, and then I realize that Calvin is just still too young for all those things and I'm going to have to wait a few years. (For example the other day, I thought "ooh we can make some cookies!" and then I thought "and you think Calvin is going to stand on a kitchen chair for that long and fully appreciate the joy of licking the beater?!") Right now you're taking care of two babies and Elizabeth deserves a well rested mommy just as much as James does! I think you can fill pretty satisfied with yourself and all the great things you're doing, just play with James on the floor for a little while each day and he'll be happy :) And you should feel like you deserve a good long nap, (or two!) a day! I think I've taken like 3 naps at least just between Monday and Tuesday, and I'm only taking care of Calvin! (Who like to run everywhere and get into everything of course!) Love you! Call me when you can! (Preferably after nine or on the weekend for the present time-I think we're low on minutes.) You're great! (You couldn't not be great, it's not possible for you :)