Monday, August 24, 2009

Update on our drama and other fun stuff

I am pretty stressed about Adam's tuition. I know things will work out, but I sure wish they would work faster. I hate feeling like I failed. We tried so hard to get out of debt and save up our money just to be put back into the situation that we were in when we were in school before. We are once again in the red. I was just hoping to start grad school with more money then when we did for our undergrad. We would have been okay, but we had to pay out of state tuition. We are only two months shy of living here for a year. It is just so frustrating. I am the one who deals with the money and I keep thinking where could we have cut back, but really we did great up until this point. We saved and got out of debt with in like eight months. I was very proud and excited for us. I thank Adam's parents for letting us live with them. It really helped us get out of debt for the whole week that we were. Sigh...I am just upset about this whole thing. It will work out. We are still waiting to hear back from FAFSA to see if we can get a loan. I know loans are good for school, but I expected to get one later on when we really needed it. Sigh...Well at least Adam loves his classes and enjoys reading his textbooks. I think he will get really good grades this semester and maybe qualify for one of the apprenticeships his department offers. They give you free tuition if you get one of them. I am go for it Adam. I want him to do his best and learn as much as he can. It will be easier for him once he can really focus on his classes and is not commuting from Norcross to Athens. It is like a two hour trip due to traffic. We will get there. Otherwise things are great. I have seven weeks before the baby is due. James is so much fun and full..I mean full of energy. I love him. He keeps me on my toes and makes me laugh all the time. He now loves Hannah Montana (thanks to his Aunts and Grandmom) and balloons. Oh I can't forget his greatest passion BALLS! He can't get enough Balls. I think he could open up a store with all the balls he owns. His favorite Sunday afternoon thing to do is throw the ball with his Grandpop and Greg. He thinks that is awesome.

3 comments:

Suzanne C said...

Hang in there, sweetie! You are both on your toes and I have faith in you that you will both meet and exceed your potential. What are the dates you are going to be here? I cannot wait to give James a big moochie and snuggle with Baby Beth. I'm looking forward to seing your megawatt smile in person too. Love you!

Erin Gibbons said...

Oh sweet you posted! I'll read that in a sec. Just wanted to respond to your comment to me :) Ha ha. I'm so glad you miss me! I was just thinking tonight how much I miss you and that I wish I could see you guys! Funny, huh? I was going to call you again, but I decided that that might be overkill. Anyway. So yeah, if it makes you feel any better, Shea announced to me today that loans, (FINALLY!) came in, and we now have more debt than we accumulated in our entire undergraduate career. So fun. Anyway, (PS I just read what your mom wrote...I love the "megawatt smile" thing, it's totally true! I miss it too :(
So when are you moving to Athens? I wasn't sure if you decided to move now or in December. Anyway, call me! Since we're on T-Mobile after 9 or on weekends would be Shea's preference since we're bound to talk for a looong time. But if that doesn't work for you you can just call me anyway :) Talk to you soon! PS Tell everyone hi and give James a big hug and kiss. We miss the little guy. I can't believe he was only 10 months when we saw him last. Oh, how is he in nursery? I never heard anything about that, so I guess maybe it's going well?!

Erin Gibbons said...

That is so fun about James and the balls and everything! (I just read your post, hee hee.)So where do you live now? Norcross? I'm sure we still owe more than you, and I'm not working, (are you working now or picking something up again? If you are I don't know how you do it!) Shea was offered scholarships at every school BUT UVA, and they only consider scholarships for the entire 3 years before your first year, so there's not even an opportunity for him to get offered a scholarship based on doing well IN law school. Isn't that awful? Anyway, we know we're in the right place and we are really happy to be here, but we're also paying mucho dinero. Well, actually the bank is...which is the whole problem! Anyway, now that I wrote a ton I'll let you go. :) Hi Suzanne! (I figured I'd take the opportunity to say hi since her picture is right there and all :)