Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Christmas and the mall

James got new shoes yesterday at the mall and he wore them all day. I was amazed. They are from Carter's and they bend. You see, James has these fat feet which he got from me, so he needed shoes that could easily get on to his plump little feet. They are so cute. I guess I should have taken a photo of them. I think I will. Anyways, Momsicle, that's Adam's mom, and I went to the mall today. There was this mat on the ground that was a screen for the projector above it. There were games and other things projected onto the mat and James and this little girl played together for at least a half an hour. They were so cute. James favorite part were the cars that crashed into his body because he kept sitting in the middle of the racetrack. So, Adam's family has this tradition that every year the kids either get or make an ornament each Christmas season. I thought this was a cool idea and I saw this Disney/Pixars Cars ornament online. It was a lot, but when we went to the Disney store today it was $4. It was quite steal and so the Cars ornament is his second ornament, this is his second Christmas. He.... and I.... and his dad really like Cars. I was way excited when it was on sale. I love Christmas it makes me happy and everyone around me seems happy too. I think it's great that people seem to be more generous and giving at this time. It is nice to be on the receiving end as well because sometimes we really need to receive something not because we "need it", unless we do, but to show us that someone is thinking about you or that someone even cares. I love that feeling knowing that someone that about me and cared enough about me to get me something even if it's a card, even if that card is hand made. It's the thought, especially in a world that moves so fast and that is so self centered. It's nice to be loved and to be told and shown that love.

1 comment:

Rachel Doyle said...

Amen sista-- It is nice to be loved and shown love. Speaking of love - send my your address so I can get Christmas cards sent -- my email address is rachelmdoyle@gmail.com...