Sunday, May 17, 2009

Tooting my Horn

I am so very very proud of myself...and yes I am about to toot my own horn. I made my very first "real" quilt. Well at least the shell of it. I still need to buy the batting, but I am still so proud of my creation so far. I was sitting at work before the kids got there and I had ideas of blankets fly into my head. I drew a few images and left it at that. Later that day I went to Wal-mart to get diapers for James and noticed that the fabric was on sale for 50% off. I saw the most amazing fabric for my creation. I had to buy it which than lead to my hunt for the rest of the fabric I needed to make my quilt. I am so excited. It is so cool to see my doodle become something tangible and something I can be proud of. I am grateful for my daddy who gave me my sewing machine as a graduation present. I have been able to create lots of stuff. So thanks dad for helping me show my art through sewing.

3 comments:

Suzanne C said...

Wendy, that is beautiful! I will show your dad when he gets home!
Love you!

Kathleen said...

Congrats!! Love how it all worked out, from your idea, to the awesome sale, to its fruition. You SHOULD toot your own horn!

Krista said...

It's AWESOME!! Way to go Wendy!! If only quilting group wasn't out for the summer... you'll have to bring it to show and tell when it's all finished and we start back up! It's seriously cute, way to go!