Monday, January 11, 2010

An Average Monday News

I am glad to hear my post are making some people happy. My post will be short because I only have 20 or so minutes left of nap time and I have done nothing. Yeah this is normal, but all well.

Anyways, we had the missionaries over last night. It was nice to be able to host them in our own place. We fed them enchilada casserole only because the tortillas I made were pretty bad. I just can't seem to make them right anymore. I think I will buy a mix or something. I was going to make chimichangas (however you spell that word), but all well. They seemed to enjoy the food. One of the Elders was in the MTC when I taught the ESL1 missionaries. He remembered me. He was in ESL2 meaning he only stayed there for like 3 weeks. It was cool to talk about missionary work and stuff.

So we bought some couches at the Goodwill for like 80 bucks. It is a loveseat and couch set. I was so excited. They are nice looking and everything for a great deal! This guy, Shane, was sitting on the couches when we were looking at them. He overheard Adam's mom and I taking about getting them and he heard us calling people to get help bringing them to our house. He asked me where I lived and such. Then he heard I was going to rent a truck at Home Depot, which cost 20 bucks for 75 minutes. This is a good deal. He said he would do it for free since he was going that way and all. I love people in the South. He knew we were in need and he didn't know us, but he offered to take them and he did. His whole family was in the truck and all. He helped Adam and his dad bring them down the stairs and all. It was awesome. Thanks Shane where ever you are.

On a sad note I am allergic to my couches, but I am working on getting them were I can sit on them. At least I can stand to be in the same room as them now that I vacuumed them. I do plan on doing more to them though.

I am also looking fiercely on craigslist for a Washer and dryer. I might have found one today if the guy who called the guy I called doesn't show up. PLEASE don't show up!!!!!

One child just woke up so that is my cue. Sigh..... Until next time....

3 comments:

Kathleen said...

Hope you got that washer and dryer! Hey, my dad thought he was allergic to a recliner that he and my mom were given. Turns out the previous owner had a dog, and well, it was the dog's chair. So I'm not sure if it was just the dander or fleas or what, but it gave my dad a rash. My mom never sat in the chair, so she was okay. But I don't necessarily recommend doing what my dad did to make the chair usable. He had their whole place fumigated with "bub bombs." Yeah, that's not the route I think he should have gone. Way too toxic in my opinion. Are you going to use Allergen Reducer Febreze or something like that?

Wendy said...

good idea

Erin Gibbons said...

Ooh new couches! That is a good deal. We bought couches from DI once for $90 but they resold them to someone else the same day! Ha ha, oh well. Have you tried Febreze? I bet that might help. Maybe they're infused with strawberries or something! OK, so Kathleen already suggested that. Anyway, great minds think alike, maybe since all three of us think it's a good idea, it will work! The other thing you might be able to do is use oxyclean. You can mix it up in spray bottle, that's how I clean Calvin's high chair. It would be a big job though, Febreze would be easier.