Monday, January 4, 2010

The move

We have moved. =0( I miss Adam's family like crazy. It is so lonely. I have been so stressed the week before we moved that we have all been going to bed before 10:30 the last two nights. Let's keep this up. It is nice being in our own place, but it is cold. We have the heat set at 73, but the back bedroom windows are really poor quality that they let in the cold air. Our fridge is getting better at getting cold. I wish the guy would have fixed it before Adam went to work because now I can't go grocery shopping.

James, Elizabeth, and I went for a walk today. We didn't get very far because A: it was cold, B: James feel and cut his knuckles, C: we ran out of side walk, and D: there was really no where to walk to. He had fun and had to point at every crack in the side walk which was cute, only at first.

James and Elizabeth are both napping and I should be doing the same or unpacking. I just can'y get myself to do either one right now. I want to put our pictures on the wall, but all the furniture we have in the living room is our couch. I can't decide where to put it. If I move it I have to make sure the pictures will look okay with where the couch is. I know, Drama!

Quick funny before I forget. Yesterday, at church during sacrament meeting I look down as Adam reaches down quickly, I saw what he was reaching for. James had taken off on shoe and his pants were around his ankles. The boy was beginning to strip. My mouth hit the floor and yes I began to laugh. We got his pants and shoe back on. I bet the people next to us just thought, "Yup, they must be young parents. I remember when..."

Well I guess that is all I have to update at this time. If you know anyone in Athens, GA please tell them to become my friend. I have no car so I can't go anywhere... unless I ride the bus. Maybe I will try that on Wednesday or someday soon. Why not, I am up for an adventure as long as I am home by nap time everything will be ok.

2 comments:

Kathleen said...

Did things work out for grocery shopping later in the day? Sorry to hear about James' fall on your short walk! Hope some great people in your new neighborhood reach out to you and that you get settled in okay. Even though we've been here for six months now, we just barely hung up some pictures a few weeks ago. It's amazing how long I procrastinate certain things. Ay, ay, ay!

wendy said...

Oh Wendy! I wish Iowa and Georgia weren't so far apart. I hope you're getting settled into your new place by now. I love to read your posts. They're so random and funny and make me miss ya like crazy! Don't forget to take some time for yourself once in a while to do something you love! It won't take you very long to make friends- people love you the minute they meet you. :)