Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Day five in our new place

We are doing so much better and getting into a routine. I got some of our pictures up on the wall yesterday and that made such a difference. It is starting to feel like "home" now. I still need another couch or something. We will get there. Adam had the day off yesterday so we went grocery shopping, got some seal thing for James' room window, and then went to lunch with Pa and Josh. They are some of Adam's friends who lived in Lilburn and are going to school in Athens too. They are really nice and their little girl, Chloe, is cute. They live on campus so it is a little far without a car. I was going to ride the bus today, but the maintenance guy has been here off and on so I stayed home. I have tons to do here anyway. Both kids are napping right now. Yeah for me. I am working on getting James' room warm enough so he can sleep in it. I have the space heater going to see if it will warm up the room enough that he can sleep in it tonight. I got my sewing stuff out so maybe later I will work on some projects. Things are looking up from here.

Quick note:
At lunch today James got this idea to dunk his goldfish into his water. Gross!!! I wonder if he does this in nursery or something. He was insistent that he do it. I let him and then he dunked everything in his water. I had to make a stop to it or else I was going to show him what I had just eaten. He is such a funny kid. I love him.

Elizabeth is getting big. She loves to be held, but she is getting better at letting me put her down for a few minutes (yeah for me). She also woke up this morning so happy. She smiled and smiled so hard that her whole body lite up. I love her too.

Adam is at work until way late, but I am glad he has a job. It is nice to see him in the morning and to have breakfast with him though. We rarely ever got to do that with him before. It is nice he doesn't have to get up early anymore. He is not a morning person. All and all things are looking up.

3 comments:

Kathleen said...

Good to hear things are going a little better! I think dunking crackers in water may be part of an unspoken initiation into nursery. Either that or it's just plain instinctive to toddlers. Two-and-a-half years ago I subbed in nursery 3 weeks in a row, and almost every single child did that very thing each week! There was no way talking them out of it! And to add to that, most of those who engaged in this seemingly ritualistic behavior ate their soggy goldfish anyway! Did James eat his or just leave them floating belly-side-up in his water?

Suzanne C said...

It is totally a nursery thing! All of your brothers did it and now Makenna is too! Love you!!

Erin Gibbons said...

Glad things are looking up! Having pictures on the walls makes a huge difference. I'm also glad you're back on your blog, it's been pretty boring since you stopped posting things. Calvin likes to put things in his drink too. He likes to put bread or toast in his cereal bowl. It doesn't gross me out though, and it usually means he's done eating and has moved on to just playing. Keep posting! Some pics of your apt. would be cool! P.S. I just read Kathleen and your mom's comments. In our nursery we have sippy cups. We've never had a kid dunking. I can't believe nurseries give 18 month olds regular cups, that seems so much harder! I thought Kathleen's "ritualistic initiation" comment was pretty funny though :)