Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Rain and rain

So about two or three Sundays ago our Ward had our fifth week lesson on Emergency Preparedness. We all were thinking we will need that for some future date or the big one. Little did we know that Monday would be the day we'd have an emergency. It rained so much that a lot of the Atlanta area and surrounding counties would be flooded. Our basement stayed flood free thanks to Adam. He has a bruise on the palm of his hand from brooming the water away from our doorstep. He did a good job we had no floods. Some of our neighbors and friends were not so blessed they got water in their homes. Many roads have been down and today some of those roads opened back up. It has ben nice because it has not rained the last two days. The sunshine has given the DOT workers time to clean up the mess and time for some of the flood water to receed. There is a lot of damage on the Westside of Atlanta. I feel bad for those who lost everything. We are still waiting to here if FEMA and the Federal GOvernment are going to help those who need it. I guess Health Care Reform and the Presidents talk to the world is more important than those in Georgia to answer the govenors cry for help. By the time you read this blog message I hope something is done for those who need help. We are doing fine, but their are some who are really suffering especially since some homes are not given the option to buy flood insurance because they don't live near a river or something like that. NEWS FLASH Georgia can flood even if there is no direct body of water near it. Maybe this will change insurance companies policies. We shall see.

So good happy news...James is growing and becoming funny everyday...and he is also becoming two. The becoming two part can be a little stressful for all of us sometimes . Once he learns to talk I hope things are easier for him to be able to express himself.

He favorite things these days are TV which includes Backyardagains, Wonderpets, Mickey Mouse Club House, and Diego. He loves to talk to Diego, well he answers yes and no to Diego's questions. It is kind of cute. He also still loves balls and cars, Disney Cars. He sees Lighting McQueen and says "Vroom, vroom." For James Birthday next month we are having a Cars party. I am excited and preparing now so that I can be some what functioning after the baby. I am so afraid she is going to knock me out and I won't be prepared for the holidays and such. I am probably being paranoid or a freak, but I want these holidays to be memorable and fun not stressful for me or anyone around me. If I am not stressed than I can have fun with those I love. I am looking forward to the holidays more than anything. I am also looking forward to having this baby sometime in the next few weeks. I will hopefully know on Friday what the next steps are and if she is big enough to come out early. Keep us and Georgia in your prayers.

2 comments:

Suzanne C said...

fingers crossed for you!

Kathleen said...

We're so grateful you and your home have been kept safe! Our heart goes out as well to those whose homes and lives were not spared. James is so cute!! We'd love to see more pictures sometime. Good luck on getting everything essential finished before your baby girl arrives.