Tuesday, September 8, 2009

A really bad day and a really nice surprise

I woke up this morning already for my doctors appointment. For the very first time I had written my questions and concerns down so that I could talk about it with my doctor. I only have five weeks left until the baby id due and I wanted to be prepared. I got to the doctors office and I suddenly was super sick and hurting. I was really nauseated too for some reason. They had no saltines or anything and so I sat there hoping to see the doctor any minute, but an hour later I was finally taken back to see him. Once the doctor came in my heart sank a little because it was my doctors brother. I have seen him one other time, but I am kind of like seeing my doctors. I am funny like that, but I thought I would ask him my questions anyways because there is a possibility that he will deliever my baby too. So he saw I had been crying a little and asked why and I told him about the pain I had been having. He was oh ok and proceeded to listen to the babies heart beat. We listened for about 15 seconds and he was like ok you are 34 weeks along, you had a ten lb baby before, ok we'll see you in two weeks. I was like, "Don't you mean next week." I am 35 weeks. Then as I was trying to talk to him he is heading out the door. He didn't even ask if I had any questions or anything. I had to quickly ask him everything I wanted to ask and he blew off my questions. All I wanted was 10-15 to talk about my concerns hey I had already waited an hour for him. Let's just say that people need to remember who is working for who. I say that because pregnant women are sensitive people and have every right to be concerned with what is happening to their bodies. I won't go into detail about my body on my blog, but if you want to ask me you can. I am really concerned with harming myself or the baby if she is big again. I went to my doctors office because there were two doctors in the office. It would limit the amount of strangers or surprises when it came to my delivery. I thought that by having two doctors they would be able to know me and my case. I may have been asking too much. I just didn't want to have my same experience that I had with my first baby. Anyways I am looking into switching my doctor. It is really late in the game, but I am not sure what to do. I have two doctors in mind right now. I need to first go down to my doctor and talk with them and get some paper work. I do not like making people feel bad so I am a little nervous, but at the same time they need to know that I am serious about protecting myself and my concerns are real not some pregnant imagination or something. Ok now that I got all that drama out I can share the amazing beautiful part. I called my mom after my incident crying. OK I was not just crying I was sobbing, yes I am very pregnant. I think she may have thought someone died or something. Any way my beautiful mother knowing I needed a hug sent me the most beautiful surprise. I got a bouquet of my favorite flowers, carnations. They are pink which made me think of my future baby girl. I just need to get this baby girl here healthy. I just wanted to say I have an awesome mom and family. I love them so much and I can't wait to see them in a few months. I really felt their love for me when I saw the flowers were from them. I know they are across the country, but the flowers made me feel like they had jsut come by to visit me. Thank you! I really needed that more then anything.


Aren't these beautiful!



Now I really do feel better. This blog is like therapy no wonder the church advices us to keep a journal. Once all emotions are out somewhere a load is seriously unloaded. Yeah the flowers and the note really helped too. =0)

7 comments:

Deb in GA said...

You do have a wonderful, thoughtful family and a lovely mom. The flowers are as beautiful as you both are. XOXOX

Rachel Doyle said...

I totally understand how you feel about the doctor situation. I delivered our Hannah at 35 weeks and she weighed over 10 lbs due to my diabetes. I had told the perinatologist something was wrong but he didn't listen to me -- because of it she was born with a heart condition and head trauma -- thus I now drive 250 miles south to St. George to see the perinatologist there. Good luck - you'll make the right decision.

Kathleen said...

Such a caring, loving mother you have! Go with your motherly instincts on the care and delivery of your baby. If you're feeling like you're in for the same type of thing with your baby girl, then it would definitely be worth it to be proactive and match yourself up with the right doctor.

Erin Gibbons said...

Wow, those flowers are beautiful! I'm sorry you had such a bad experience. Instead of switching doctors do you think you could call and explain that you're very upset at the way you were treated? I'm sure the doctor would listen to you then! When you said he said "See you in 2 weeks, I thought you meant that he was going to induce you in 2 weeks or that he thought you would deliver then. Maybe you can ask if they think that would be a good idea? Although, James was late, (and I've heard first babies are often heaviest? Or maybe I haven't, but I know they say first babies are often late!)so maybe if the baby comes on time and you explain to your doctor that you don't want to go overdue, then maybe she won't be that heavy. I only had an 8lb. baby and I was still healing for 8 months, so at least if that happens I can commiserate with you! At any rate, I'm sure she will be healthy. Just don't decide to have the baby at home or go with a "hands off" delivery. I know there are a lot of "natural" proponents out there, (meaning people who want to have a baby in a rice field because other women do it,) but I say go to the hospital where you get medical attention and free grape juice with ice! You should call me, I'd love to hear all about your thoughts and emotions! :)

Erin said...

doctors are stupid. they can save your life, but they can also be retarded.

i send you... virtual flowers. here is one.

^^^
( )
|
_ _|_ _
|

ITS A TULIP!!
or something like that.

I LIKE YOU

Erin said...

ok virtual flower fail. the spaces messed up. but its the thought that counts, right?

Erin Gibbons said...

Hum dee dum dee dum. I just got your email, (even though I talked to you since you wrote it :) I thought I would just say hi again, even though you might not read your comments again :) Love ya!