Saturday, October 3, 2009

Shout out to Krista

Ok so I have been working on this quilt for some time now. It was done in stages due to my "extreme desire" to finish it. It is not that I didn't want to do it, but the fact that I ad not, yet done something like this. I wanted to make this quilt that I saw on Etsy. Well I got the initial idea from Etsy. The one I made is way way way cuter. I am not just being bias. Anyway the concept of the quilt is for a baby shower. The white blocks are for people to sign at a baby shower. I really wanted to make one for my shower too, but I really had no umph to do it. I wanted to also really make one for my friend Krista. I only did not want it to look lame or give her "another" blanket. It just seems like everyone gets a million blankets. I didn't at my shower so I thought I would finish the blanket and see if she would like to have it for her shower. If not I am cool with that, but I think she will like it. NO pressure Krista. =0) Anyway the blanket on Etsy was just plain blue and white or pink and white. It was made out of cotton and cost like $200 to buy. As if! I made mine with love because love is all you need. The blanket is soft (due to the fact that I made it our of flannel) and kind of plushy because it has batting. I think it is so awesome and I love it. I took some close up shots so you could see some of the fun prints. Oh by the way the back of the blanket was inspired by Krista because she really liked the print. Once again you don't have to use it as a signing quilt or take it. I don't want to guilt you into anything. I had a blast making the quilt.



This is the back of the blanket. and my carpet. Ohhhhh Ahhhhhhh!




Ok I think it is so cute!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Super cute!

apesjam said...

Wendy, that is really really cute! Good job... I might contact you when I'm needing a baby blanket...

Krista said...

WENDY!!! I am so IN love with it!! It turned out like your best yet!! I love all the different fabrics and they look so great spaced out with the white fabric for signing! I love how it looks with the way you did the binding- like it gives it a border! Couldn't be more impressed and I couldn't be more honored that you put so much work into a gift for me... my pack of diapers is looking REALLY lame right about now... ;) Thanks Wendy, I absolutely love it! Now. If YOU want to hang onto it for another shower for you or something like that, I completely understand that too, so don't feel like you have to give it away! Oh, it's just too fun. Love you girl!!

Erin Gibbons said...

Hello. How are you doing? Any sign of Elizabeth yet? (Other than a pregnant belly that occasionally moves or looks a bit lopsided? (If she's anything like James was!)
Nothing much new here. My Family came to visit this weekend, it was lots of fun, but went by fast. The Dude was sick with a fever that finally broke last night, so it was sad because he wasn't as into playing as he usually is. Shea has a fall break tomorrow to Wednesday. He'll still be going in to study, but it's nice to think we have a vacation anyway. General Conference was good, although more hectic than usual so it wasn't the usual feeling-like-it's-a-holiday that it usually is. Oh well, I thought it was awesome that I got to see BYU TV out here. Oh hey, Xuan is home from her mission and told me she got into BYU-Hawaii! She is still waiting for BYU Provo's decision. Can you pray that I find my earrings? I'll call you tomorrow, unless I forget in which case I'll call you when I remember again. But hopefully I won't forget so I can talk to you! Yay! Miss you and love you! PS You should totally come to the DC Temple sometime soon :D Then I can SEE you!