Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Dear Child With In

Today was one of those days where my body could not keep up with my schedule, meaning it wanted to sleep, BUT I have two toddlers. My son ever so sweetly tried to get his little plastic balls and Buzz Lightyear into my blanket as I snoozed on the couch. What did I do? I did what any big fat meanie head would do, I yelled. I said, "I am sick, don't you understand that!" He cried. I wanted to cry.

Dear Baby in my Belly,
I love you very much, but you have two amazing siblings that want to play really badly. I am trying really hard to play with them and do all the things I did before my energy was zapped out of me. I understand you need me to survive, but leave a little bit of energy so I can play catch and "fight" with James. He loves to play a lot! So keep that in mind the next time you eat, breath, move, and whatever else you do in there.

Love,
Mommy
PS Love James, Elizabeth, and Daddy
PSS Love the dishes, cooking the meals, the laundry, and all the other stuff that must be done

I felt like this needed to be said because after dinner James came up to me, hugged me, and said, "I miss you, Mama." I wanted to cry. I miss me, too. Being pregnant is a short, yet lonnnnnnnggggggg time.

I hope all five of us survive the next few months. Five being James, Elizabeth, Adam, me, and the baby. If you have any energy boosting ideas please feel free to share.

3 comments:

Kathleen said...

As far as pregnancy exhaustion goes, I, too, haven't figured that one out yet. I have tons of ideas for any woman who's not pregnant, but they're hard to follow when you're in this phase of bringing another child into this world.

(But, in case you were wondering--and, like I said, it's almost a moot point to mention these--here are some energy boosting suggestions: getting at least 8 hours of sleep at night; stretching daily; drinking plenty of water; eating whole grains; snacking on dried fruit and nuts (especially almonds and walnuts); eating enough protein; eating Greek yogurt--which is high in protein, low in fat, and has powerful probiotic cultures; engaging in light exercise; listening to your body; resting at all possible times when you are able (i.e, sitting when you feel the need, lying down when you can); putting off all things you can; eliminating everything inessential; doing essential household chores at the point in your day when you have more energy than at others, i.e. the morning or perhaps late evening (whatever it may be if your energy does peak whatsoever right now); getting massages (safe-for-pregnancy ones); consider chiropractic adjustments; consider having meals brought in from friends at church or family members, etc.)

Oh, and I understand the heartache of a child longing to have attention and who wants to play with you when you feel like you can't even sit up. Last summer I kept telling Symphany, "Mommy can't play right now; her tummy hurts." And still, anytime she sees me lying down (with no morning sickness or pregnancy fatigue, mind you) and asks me to get up or to play, if I hesitate at all or tell her no, she bursts into tears. I think I may have scarred her for life. It's hard! Hope things get better for you fast!

Wendy said...

THANKS!!!!!!!!!!

Suzanne C said...

Hang in there, sweetie! Take advantage of the kindness of others. When you get THAT tired, say a little prayer and you will get through it. What a reward we will all have when this little bundle gets here. I'm so proud of you! Love you a bunch!