Monday, January 31, 2011

I have been really wanting to do something with my kid's room, but I have none money. I have been wanting to do this for a really long time. I have been reading some really good craft blogs lately and you know what? You can do crafts for almost nothing, in most cases. So I decided to do an Extreme Makeover: Frugal Edition. I will show you what I had to work with and what I spent extra. So if you think you want to do something like I did you can do it with what you have lying on at home and in many cases what you find at the dollar store. Most of my friends are in the same boat as me. So I hope you enjoy while I toot my own horn.

Bebe's side of the room before the makeover.

Bebe's decorations.

This is fabric I had left over from James Birthday last year that I never used. The only things I bought new and extra were the felt castle and ribbon, both from the dollar store. My projects total cost $2. It took me like 30 minutes to do!






This is a white board I bought at the Goodwill 2 years ago for like a $1. My father-in-law made me this awesome frame. I had stopped using this board like five or seven months ago. I no longer have an office so it was sitting behind my bedroom door.

Buddy Boy was helping me as he Irish danced on the board.

Bebe joined in on the fun.


Bebe's new hair bow holder.


Second craft: Thia is the stuff I had lying around.


I got the Letter at Hobby Lobby for $1 and the frame from the
Dollar store for, you guessed it, a $1.


I cut the fabric.

I glued the fabric.

Bebe's new room!

We had everything lying around except the flowers.
I got them at JoAnn for $2.50. My expensive find.

Shown here with two hair bows.

I am planning on adding some vinyl onto Bebe's wall that says, "Once upon a time.." I got some for $5 and I will be able to use my new Silhouette machine. Now I am going to start on James side, but I think I will wait until next month. He wants a baseball theme. I can do that. My total cost on my make over is $8.50 (including the rose ball hanging from the ceiling and the one I have not, yet made). I will have to see how much of the vinyl that I use and I will include that in my makeover final count. I am excited. I want to see how frugal I can be with Buddy Boys side of the room.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love it! That hair clip holder turned out super cute!

Deb in GA said...

So far, AWESOMELY cute!!

Erin Gibbons said...

That's really cute! I like that Elizabeth matched her decor in the picture, (black hair, bright pink onesie, what a beauty!)

Suzanne C said...

At the dollar store here, we have the sticker wall decorations. I got Sam, Makenna and Andrew some horses, planets, flowers and butterflies, plus they had some various sizes of chalkboard stickers. They love them! You did a beautiful job! It has inspired me to go take a picture at the old house of the wall you painted so we always have it. Love you!

wendy said...

How do you come up with all these awesome ideas? you are so creative!!