Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Day 1

So I decided I am going to do a road log when I can of our trip, but before I do James got his 8th tooth on Sunday. Ok so we finally left the Salt lake Valley at 10:10 yesterday morning. We finally got to go on the Cheyenne, Wyoming ramp on the freeway. We have often talked about going that way, just because. We finally did. It was pretty. A little while later we stopped to change a diaper. James has learned a new trick. He needs to poop every two or so hours. It made our eight our trip last thirteen plus hours. Anyway after we stopped we got back on the road into a state Adam nor I had ever been, Wyoming. I will tell you why no one lives in Wyoming is beyond me....NOT. There is nothing there. The state is beige. I could not image walking across it. I was so board in a car. The thought came to me why couldn't the US just leave all the Indians alone in Wyoming. The state would at least be populated and I am sure they would use all that land better than the people of Wyoming. The state is not being miss treated or anything, I am just saying man there is a lot of land and a lot of nothing. I think we hit four major cities all probably as big or smaller then my home, Yuma, AZ. We drove through Green River, Something Springs, Laramie (not Ft. Laramie), and Cheyenne. We blinked and the capital of Wyoming passed us by. It was dark so maybe that was the problem...Oh let's back track a little. Since, I love history we had to make a quick stop at Ft. Bridger. The fort was nice and big so we went to the museum. It was a goos idea because James needed some playing time. We let him claw behind us and follow us around. The floor may have been dirty, but he needed to play. He has been such a good boy. He only complains when he is not being played with or entertained. It is nice to have him in between us in the truck. We both get to talk to him and give him our attention. He loves grabbing Adam's head and pulling his ears. He likes me to sing to him and clap my hands. He claps with me. He has been tons of fun. It is like 6:30 am. James woke me up at four. He has another new trick. He wakes up at four hungry. He did not want to stay in his carseat so I put him in bed with us. He kicked me until 5:30 this morning which he woke up screaming again. He needed a diaper change. I asked Adam to do it. He was so tired he could barley move, but he got up. Let's just say it was a mess and we both needed to work on him. Well since were up all ready might as well get ready to hit the road. So I am typing while Adam showers. Oh we stayed the night at Days Inn in Sidney, Nebraska. We got here around 11:30ish. We have another "eight" hour trip in front of us, but we hope it won't take the same amount of time. Well I better sign off so we can get out of here and on the road. Our next stop is Independence, Missouri to stay with my cousin Cassidi.

1 comment:

Suzanne C said...

Love it! ATC thinks it was funny! And he says he loves you. Hang in there because i have heard that Kansas is worse...and yes I was born there! Hang in there and be safe. Oh, and welcome to traveling with a baby...he'll be a pro by the time you get to GA. Cass lives in Liberty. Don't go to Independence because she won't be there...love you!