Thursday, October 2, 2008

Day 2 and 3

Ok so we are on day three of our trip, but I want to tell about day two first. Oh, before that we went to Liberty not Independence Missouri. Ok so we got on the road in Nebraska. I want everyone to know that NE is just as boring as Wyoming. We had to switch drivers a few times because the road was making us sleepy. Not to mention someone who will remain nameless woke me up at 5 am and than I was really up at 6:30 am after going to bed around mid-night. The drive was long and we needed a break. We decided to eat lunch Kearney because Adam had been to Fort Kearney many times playing Oregon Trail. This was a big mistake. It was not far from the highway so we thought...It was far away and when we finally got there, after getting a little lost, we had to pay a four dollar parking fee. Not a bad price except they only took cash or checks. I only had two dollars. The lady was like sorry....All I wanted was a place to let James stretch while we ate lunch. Oh by the way the Subway in Kearney are liars, but that's another story. So moving on our trip we drove and drove and drove. We finally got to Liberty where we were greeted with open arms by my cousin Cassidi and her sweet family. It was so nice to be in a home where James could play. She also had dinner waiting for us. It was so good. It was a great ending to a long trip. Her family made us feel at home. When bedtime came I was excited, but little did I know James had other plans. He kicked me into the corner of the bed and in the morning I would find out that Adam spent sometime on the floor due to the lack of space on the bed (James is a bed hog). About 5 am James started kicking my face that was about the time I went to sleep on the floor. I got some rest. We left Cassidi's home this morning to see Adam's Aunt Karla and her kids. They are really nice people. I felt right at home. Karla's littlest girl loved Adam and she stuck at his side. She is about eight years old. Her father just passed away so I wondered if she liked Adam because he reminded her of him. Adam told me later how she made comments about how her dad did somethings Adam did. She tried to hide in the truck to come with us. Before we left we took some pictures and saw these cool blankets a neighbor made each person in the family out of the dad's old shirts, ties, and socks. It was such a sweet idea. Well we left and on the highway we say a sign for Adam-ondi-ahman. Cassidi said it was just a field and nothing to see, but we had to see it. I tell you what the sign is misleading. The place is not 12 miles. It was so far and yes it is just a field. I told Adam that now that he'd been there he would know how to get there when he needed to without asking for directions. After that we hurried our way to Nauvoo. We got there right after five om and everything was closed. We didn't even get our free dinner from his cousins restaurant. Adam wanted to do three things in Nauvoo and got to do zero of them. We still enjoyed ourselves. We go to see the temple which is beautiful. I don't know how they could have left it for others to destroy. I am grateful for all those who suffered so that I could have the blessings I do. Well now we are in Hannibal, MO for the night. I am so tired. I can hardly see straight. I better do like James and sleep while I have the chance. I think after this trip I am going to need a week to recover.

No comments: